[Openstack] Just a newbie getting some error messages

Jon Thomas jthomas at redhat.com
Thu Oct 4 19:14:50 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-10-04 at 11:41 -0500, Ahmed Al-Mehdi wrote:
> Hi Janis,
>

> Just fyi, in the Folsom release the lines with the "%…%" in
> glance-api.conf  and glance-api-paste.ini are not present.  Document
> instructs user to add the three relevant lines to [filter.authtoken]
> section.

It looked to me that there were some config file changes in folsom.

glance index works fine for me and I have in glance-api-paste.ini

[filter:authtoken]
paste.filter_factory = keystone.middleware.auth_token:filter_factory
delay_auth_decision = true
admin_tenant_name = service
admin_user = glance
admin_password = servicepass

and in glance-api.conf there is no [filter:authtoken]. However there is
[keystone_authtoken], but it's unchanged

[keystone_authtoken]
auth_host = 127.0.0.1
auth_port = 35357
auth_protocol = http
admin_tenant_name = %SERVICE_TENANT_NAME%
admin_user = %SERVICE_USER%
admin_password = %SERVICE_PASSWORD%

Another possiblity for the 500 error might be that the
python-glanceclient package is essex, not folsom. I had a 500 error with
nova that was due to the python-novaclient package being essex, while
nova packages were folsom.