[Openstack] Compute API behavior

Luis Gervaso luis at woorea.es
Thu Oct 4 14:10:01 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have found an use case which breaks the compute api. May be I'm not doing
the stuff in the right way. Anyway I want to share with you.

1. Supose I create a server with an image and flavor.

2. Then I delete the image or flavor.

3. Now, when I list the server the image/flavor associated with the server
is not found (actually the api returns a link to image/flavor that no
longer exists)

I think the link is not the correct way to store these info of a server.

The links (following HATEOAS) should be for actions performed on a server:
let's say reboot, pause, show console and so on ...

Cheers!

Luis Alberto Gervaso Martin
Woorea Solutions, S.L
CEO & CTO