[Openstack] Discussion / proposal: deleted column marker

Day, Phil philip.day at hp.com
Wed Oct 3 13:08:20 UTC 2012

I *think* deleted flavours used to be needed as there could still be instances running against them and the flavour definition was used by the quota calculations.  Not sure if this is still the case, or if the data now comes straight from the instances table.    Some aspects of a flavour (e.g. rxtx_factor) could be useful to a scheduler, and that data currently isn't saved into the instance.

I guess the usage audit type functionality (i.e. tell me about all instances that have run sometime in this audit period) may be another case where deleted instances are required at the moment.