[Openstack] File Injection through Horizon

Kiall Mac Innes kiall at managedit.ie
Wed Oct 3 12:12:33 UTC 2012

Hi Srikanth,

File Injection is not available through Horizon.

Atul is describing a different feature that can be used to achieve similar
results. The contents of "User-Data" will be accessible to the instance via
"http://169.254.169.254/latest/user-data" - Ubuntu ships with a tool called
cloud-init that makes use of this data if available.

Eg One of the simple use cases for cloud-init is, if the data starts with
"#!", it will assume it's a shell script and download + execute it. This
can, in a roundabout way, be used to achieve similar results to the file
injection feature.

Thanks,
Kiall