[Openstack] Enabling logging in keystone.

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Wed Oct 3 00:19:35 UTC 2012

Comments below. With an "I object." :)

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 6:50 PM, Dolph Mathews <dolph.mathews at gmail.com>wrote:

> I find it odd that the document describes two approaches for configuring
> keystone -- one being a relatively undocumented, scripted approach not
> managed or distributed by OpenStack. Surely these two approaches will
> continue to evolve seperately and we'll experience more issues such as this
> one.
>
> Anyone have any objections to removing this "scripted configuration"
> section in favor of focusing on the existing "manual" approach?

Sorry, I have to object after watching this page and the scripts evolve
over the last 9-12 months. There just has to be a scripted option and I
agree it needs to be tested and maintained. I'm fine with having the
keystone script be the documented one. For a while though the scripts were
populating templated catalogs (files) not populating the database.

I think the best fix is to:
 - ensure scripts have exactly the documented names of tenants, users, etc.
 - patch the doc to use only the names in the script and manual in the
verification step.

Doc bug logged here describing the work needing done:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals/+bug/1060536