[Openstack] Installing Folsom on Ubuntu 12.04

Ahmed Al-Mehdi ahmed at coraid.com
Mon Oct 1 22:06:05 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am attempting to do a fresh install of OpenStack / Folsom release on Ubuntu 12.04 following the doc - "Install and Deploy Manual – Red Hat Ubuntu" (Folsom version).  I added a new file to "/etc/apt/sources.list.d", folsom.list:

root at bodega:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# cat folsom.list
deb http://ubuntu-cloud.archive.canonical.com/ubuntu precise-updates/folsom main
root at bodega:/etc/apt/sources.list.d#

When I check with "aptitude" as to what version of keystone will be installed, it seems Essex will be installed.

root at bodega:/etc/apt/sources.list.d# aptitude show keystone
Package: keystone
State: not installed
Version: 2012.1+stable~20120824-a16a0ab9-0ubuntu2.2
Section: python
Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <ubuntu-devel-discuss at lists.ubuntu.com>

My understanding is version 2012.1 is Essex?  I must be missing something or doing something real silly, any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you,
Ahmed.