[Openstack] HTTP_X_SERVICE_CATALOG endpoints_links

Tong Li litong01 at us.ibm.com
Mon Oct 1 20:58:52 UTC 2012

Great. thanks a lot.

Tong Li
Emerging Technologies & Standards
Building 501/B205
litong01 at us.ibm.com

From:	Dolph Mathews <dolph.mathews at gmail.com>
To:	Tong Li/Raleigh/IBM at IBMUS,
Cc:	openstack at lists.launchpad.net
Date:	10/01/2012 04:12 PM
Subject:	Re: [Openstack] HTTP_X_SERVICE_CATALOG endpoints_links

The environment variables that auth_token sets are documented in the
module's docstring:
https://github.com/openstack/keystone/blob/master/keystone/middleware/auth_token.py

As these variables are the defined interface for any projects consuming
authentication services from middleware, it's safe to say they'll be
supported be supported by any variations of auth_token, and will either
continue to be supported or carefully deprecated.

Speaking of, there are currently three headers that were deprecated prior
to the release of essex (i.e. they were documented as deprecated in both
essex and folsom), and could be reviewed for removal in grizzly
(HTTP_X_USER, HTTP_X_ROLE, HTTP_X_TENANT).

-Dolph