[Openstack] [OpenStack APEC] Vietnam OpenStack first meetup on 29/11/2012 - Meetup report

Tristan Goode tristan at aptira.com
Fri Nov 30 22:19:24 UTC 2012

Congratulations to you all!!! I've posted your report and photos up at http://openstack.org/blog.

Cheers
Tristan

From: openstack-apec-group-discussion at googlegroups.com [mailto:openstack-apec-group-discussion at googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Hang Tran Thi
Sent: Saturday, 1 December 2012 4:09 AM
To: openstack-apec-group-discussion at googlegroups.com; openstack at lists.launchpad.net
Cc: Khanh Do; Nguyen Tuan Hoa; Hoang Nguyen; Hien Cao; Dung Tran Kiem; Giang Thanh Duong; Quyen Nguyen; TienVJ at gmail.com
Subject: [OpenStack APEC] Vietnam OpenStack first meetup on 29/11/2012 - Meetup report

Dear all

I would like to inform you all that our first OpenStack meetup in Vietnam has successfully concluded yesterday. It was really an impressive discussion with VFOSSA members, people from ICT enterprises and technology students (photos attached herewith). The meetup was planned for 2 hours but has actually extended to 3 hours. Everyone was having fun and showing their interests to the idea of building a Vietnam OpenStack Community. To us, this is really a good start. As the result of this meetup, a team of 20 members has been developed. Now, we are looking forward to organizing the team structure, setting the targets and getting things moving. Our second OpenStack meetup is tentatively to be held in Da Nang next month. Thank you for all of your supportive emails regarding this event. We will continue to inform you on our upcoming activities :-).

To whom it may concern

Below (or file attached) is our report for the OpenStack meetup. Could anyone in charge please post this to the OpenStack website? Thank you so much for your help.

Good day, everyone!
This is greeting from Vietnam OpenStack Community.
We had a great meetup last night! This is all that we can say :-).
Hosted by Hanoi University of  Industry (HAUI), the Library Hall, where the meetup held, was full of people from different organizations, ICT companies and universities.  We especially welcomed Mr. Nguyen Hong Quang, Chairmain of Vietnam Free and Open Source Software Association (VFOSSA), other members of VFOSSA, people from ICT companies such as NetNam, iWay, EcoIT, DTT... and HAUI students. To our surprise, there are almost 100 people has attended this event.
The meetup was a bit formal in the beginning when VFOSSA and OpenStack introduced. The students seemed a bit nervous (although we could still see the exciting expression on their face) as OpenStack is completely a new term to them. But the Library Hall was heating up slowly when the discussion started, beers and breads are brought up to the table. Not only because it was time for dinner and everyone was hungry :-), but also because throughout the OpenStack presentations, they had gradually realized that this is the "now or never" time for Vietnamese ICT community to get on board the "OpenStack ship" so that we are not left behind this global endeavour.
We would like to express our sincere thanks to Hanoi University of Industry for great hospitalities provided.
And special thanks to our speakers:
- Mr. Nguyen Hong Quang, Chairmain of Vietnam Free and Open Source Software Association (VFOSSA) for his introduction on VFOSSA and how VFOSSA will support OpenStack's activities.
- Mr. Nguyen The Trung, Managing Director of DTT for his presentation on OpenStack, its opportunities for Vietnam and the development of Vietnam OpenStack Community in the long run.
- Mr. Nguyen Duc Quyen, Director of Consultant department of DTT for his updates on the recent Melbourne meetup, which he has attended on 20th November this year.
As the result of our first meetup, more than 20 people have volunteered to join the Start-up team. We are now looking forward to re-structuring this team and getting things moving for OpenStack. One of our main objective is to start translating OpenStack manuals. For this, we really need help from OpenStack community. Any ideas, suggestions are welcomed and appreciated for an OpenStack starter like us.
Our next likely meetup to be held in Danang city next month. We will inform you all on our upcoming activities.

Vietnam OpenStack Community coordinator - Hang Tran

--
Kind regards
Tran Thi Hang

DTT Technology Group
Add: Unit 305, Level 3, Ha Thanh Plaza, 102 Thai Thinh Street, Dong Da District, Ha Noi
Tel: +(84) 902127811
Mail: Hang.Tran at dtt.vn
Web: www.dtt.vn