[Openstack] How to pin vm instance to specific node?

Choe, Cheng-Dae whitekid at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 02:14:40 UTC 2012

Hi
--
Choe, Cheng-Dae
http://blog.woosum.net
twitter: kiddtm

2012. 11. 29., 오전 8:59, 이창만 <cm224.lee at samsung.com> 작성:

http://docs.openstack.org/folsom/openstack-compute/admin/content/instance-scheduling-constraints.html

> (2) I hope that Image or volume of each vm instance is located on own compute node.
>    I don't want to make network bottleneck. I will forgive High Availability for I/O performance.

1. install cinder-volume in your compute-node
1. "cinder-manager host list" will show up your cinder-volume services
1. "cinder create" has the same prarameter "--availability-zone"  so you can specify where volume reside.

I'm not test but It may help you.