[Openstack] High bandwidth networking with openstack

Narayan Desai narayan.desai at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 02:36:11 UTC 2012

I've finally finished my writeup describing the experiments that we
performed using Openstack to drive a wide area 100 gigabit network.
I've included all of the details for configuration and tuning, as well
as speculation why we're seeing such good numbers.

tl;dr: you can push a whole lot of network bandwidth out of an
openstack deployment with kvm/virtio; we hit 98 gigabits peak with 10
instances across 50 ms of latency.

The post is here:
http://buriedlede.blogspot.com/2012/11/driving-100-gigabit-network-with.html

I'm happy to discuss this in more detail, if there are additional questions.
 -nld