[Openstack] How to create or change password when instances started or rebuilded?

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 16:29:17 UTC 2012

To get libvirt to inject a password at boot time, you need to set

libvirt_inject_password=True

Note that this only works with linux variants and it is off by default
because we are trying to avoid messing with image filesystems.

The nova root-password is only supported in xenapi with a guest agent
running. I have some protypes in progress for better password setting
which I will be turning into a blueprint soon.

Vish