[Openstack] adding/removing security groups at instance runtime

Christian Parpart trapni at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 23:59:30 UTC 2012

Hey all,

I was googling around trying to find a way to add a new security group to a
running instance.
I however just found the fact that this is said to work with trunk but not
how exactly
nor what components I should update to trunk to make it actually happen.

I am having a multi-node OpenStack Essex cluster and would like to update
only the parts
that I actually need to get this feature in.
As far as I could search, it seems that at least python-novaclient is
responsible
for the client side. But do I also need to update nova-api or something
similar?

Many thanks in advance,
Christian Parpart.