[Openstack] Resize, Nova-network and Permissions

Stef T stef at ummon.com
Mon Nov 26 15:58:53 UTC 2012

Hey Everyone,
    So, recently I submitted a change to tempest here ;
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/15884/ . I understand that the resize
tests should be 'admin or user', but I have found that the resize tests
blow up as user. It appears that a user lacks the permissions
nova-network requires to de-allocate/re-allocate fixed-ips.

    Since we are moving to folsom+quantum, I doubt that this will be a
problem for us long term, but if anyone can shed some more light on
this, it would be helpful. I am loathe to start stomping in and changing
what has probably been coded for a very specific use case, especially
since this is an essex+nova-n "feature" ;)

    Regards
    S.