[Openstack] Partition Guide for single server install?

Ronivon Costa ronivon.costa at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 08:38:09 UTC 2012

Hi Lance,

I had some experiences with a single server deployment, and the bottom line
is, use LVM for your partitions.
Glance will take lots os space, so I would recommend creating separate LVM
for its images. Also, you can create one LVM for the instances. Size
depends on how many images you will have, and how many instances will
intend to launch. Because of that, you should start will smaller partitions
wich you can extend when needed.
I think you can't go much wrong following these guidelines. At least it is
working for me.

Cheers,
Roni.

On 26 November 2012 07:58, Lance Haig <lhaig at haigmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Is there a partition guide for a single server install?
>
> I have 3TB of disk and want to make best use of it.
>
> I have 12Gb for swap and 10 GB for / and 20GB for /home.
>
> The rest I want to dedicate to OpenStack. Can someone help me with some
> suggestions as to how to paertition it up.
>
> Thanks
>
> Lance

Ronivon C. Costa
IBM Certified for Tivoli Software
ITIL V3 Certified
Tlm: (+351) 96 676 4458
Skype: ronivon.costa
BLog ((hosted in my own personal cloud infrastructure):
http://cloud0.dyndns-web.com/blog/