[Openstack] Can Ping VMs but not SSH to them ! (and this is not a sec rule problem )

Skible OpenStack skible.openstack at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 17:30:23 UTC 2012

Hello,

I have installed OpenStack Folsom and i am experiencing some weird
behaviour.

I can ping VMs ( both fixed and floating ips ) but can't SSH to them (
no internally nor externally) !!
I always get this message: connect to host x.x.x.x port 22: Connection
refused

I have set the security rules right but still nothing !

I have a network node, controller node and a compute node. I am using GRE.

Note also that my VNC console is not responding to keyboard input even
after sending CtrlAltDel !!

Please help me out.

Kind regards
A desperate stacker