[Openstack] Ubuntu Openstack activity update

James Page james.page at ubuntu.com
Fri Nov 23 10:08:14 UTC 2012

Hi Matt

On 22/11/12 21:47, Matt Joyce wrote:
> If we have changes we'd like to submit for review to the cloud
> archive packages.  What is the correct method for doing so?

All packages that land in the cloud archive originate from the Ubuntu
release associated with the target Openstack Release:

    folsom -> quantal
    grizzly -> raring

So before a change can land into the cloud archive, it gets pushed
either as an SRU to a released version of Ubuntu, for example 12.10
for Folsom updates, or to the current development release during
Openstack/Ubuntu development.

Assuming that you already have a bug report in launchpad, you can add
the 'cloud-archive' project to the list of projects effected by the
bug and raise a merge proposal against the correct branch - see below:

> 3) Packaging branches
>
> Packaging branches are maintained by the Openstack Ubuntu Testing
> team in the following branch URI format:
>
> lp:~openstack-ubuntu-testing/<COMPONENT_NAME>/<UPSTREAM-RELEASE>
>
> For example:
>
> lp:~openstack-ubuntu-testing/nova/folsom
> lp:~openstack-ubuntu-testing/nova/grizzly
> lp:~openstack-ubuntu-testing/quantum/grizzly
>
> If you have a packaging change that you would like to contribute,
> Launchpad merge proposals should be made against these branches.
>
> Note that the grizzly branch for any given component feeds both
> the main development release of Ubuntu and the Cloud Archive for
> Ubuntu 12.04.
>
> Please target 'UNRELEASED' in the change-log entry (rather than
> 'raring' or 'quantal' for example) unless you are the Ubuntu
> Server Dev responsible for the next upload to the Ubuntu or Cloud
> archive.
>
> These branches feed the automated build and deployment testing of
> Openstack on Ubuntu; see
> https://jenkins.qa.ubuntu.com/view/Openstack%20Testing/view/Overview/?

for results.

Hope that helps