[Openstack] Python API: Getting a list of floating ips?

Vishvananda Ishaya vishvananda at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 18:22:52 UTC 2012

This is an unfortunate consequence of floating ips not being in the original spec for the api and being added in the extension. I do believe the ordering is consistent, but you are probably safer to do a client.floating_ips.list() and filtering the resulting objects based on instance_id. Something like:

    print [ip for ip in client.floating_ips.list() where ip.instance_id == server.id]

Vish