[Openstack] VM connectivity

Heinonen, Johanna (NSN - FI/Espoo) johanna.heinonen at nsn.com
Thu Nov 22 06:27:30 UTC 2012

Hi,

I still have the connectivity problem: I cannot ping my VMs even though
nova-list shows that they have IP address and they are active.  I use
quantum + ovs. I have tried to take into consideration all possible
advices from this list (and follow installation guides) but so far with
no luck. I can ping the GW and DHCP server in each network. Nova/quantum
logs show no errors. But now I found out in the libvirtd.log the
following:

libvirt version: 0.9.13

2012-11-21 14:55:29.106+0000: 7564: error : virNetSocketReadWire:1003 :
End of file while reading data: Input/output error

2012-11-21 15:26:07.311+0000: 7564: error : virNetSocketReadWire:1003 :
End of file while reading data: Input/output error

2012-11-21 15:53:06.653+0000: 7574: error : virNWFilterDHCPSnoopEnd:2113
: internal error ifname "vnet0" not in key map

2012-11-21 15:53:06.656+0000: 7574: error : virNetDevGetIndex:657 :
Unable to get index for interface vnet0: No such device

Could this be the cause of my problems? If yes, do you have any ideas
how to fix this?

BR
Johanna