[Openstack] Quantum networking question..

Ahmed Al-Mehdi ahmed at coraid.com
Thu Nov 22 00:23:47 UTC 2012

Hello,

I have a question about setting up Quantum, following the steps described by Bilel Msekni ( https://github.com/mseknibilel/OpenStack-Folsom-Install-guide/blob/master/OpenStack_Folsom_Install_Guide_WebVersion.rst ), which uses 3 NICs.
(Similar document/setup is also described by OpenStack.org also -  https://review.openstack.org/#/c/16096/ )

Based on the node diagram in Bilel's document, I understand why eth0 needs an IP address that is accessible to internet.    However,
 - Why does eth1 need an IP address, since it will be used for VM network?
 - Why does eth2 not need an IP address (set to 0.0.0.0) since it is connected to the internet.

In my setup, I set an IP address to eth0 through my corp. DHCP server.  Can I similarly assign an IP address to the other eth port (be it 1 or 2) that needs connection to the internet?

Thank you,
Ahmed.