[Openstack] GRE tunneling Quantum, Openvswitch, traffic not allowed

Robert van Leeuwen Robert.vanLeeuwen at spilgames.com
Tue Nov 20 12:44:27 UTC 2012

> The GRE tunnel starts to work if I manually set following:
> "ovs-ofctl add-flow br-tun action=normal"

Found the issue: the provider:segmentation_id was not setup for the network.
( I created the network through the Dashboard at that moment it did not create the seg_id.
Probably the free range was not in a config file yet because now it is working through the dashboard)
Because of this missing info the flows were not created.

Everything seems to be working now.
So finally got GRE / Openvswitch (kmod) / Quantum on Scientific Linux 6.3 up and running in the testlab :)

Cheers,
Robert van Leeuwen