[Openstack] Error while enabling s3 support in swift

Shashank Sahni shredder12 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 07:22:23 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to install swift 1.7.4 on Ubuntu 12.04. In order to enable the
s3 support, I added the appropriate parameters in the
/etc/swift/proxy-server.conf file

[filter:swift3]
use=egg:swift#swift3

and installed the package swift-plugin-s3. But when I try to start the
proxy-server I get the following error.

LookupError: Entry point 'swift3' not found in egg 'swift' (dir:
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages; protocols: paste.filter_factory,
paste.filter_app_factory; entry_points: )

Note that, proxy server runs fine without s3 support. Suggestions?

--
Shashank Sahni