[Openstack] [Swift] Public Container's file listing

Hua ZZ Zhang zhuadl at cn.ibm.com
Mon Nov 19 09:52:05 UTC 2012

>>Is this the correct general format?
>>user_username_grpname = password
The tempauth format is user_<accountname>_<username> = <password>

>>Is there any way where i can list the containers in a account?
I don't see the possibility of doing this without code change.

>>Does .rlistings do the same job as staticweb?
IMO, .rlistings directive is implemented as ACL. Staticweb middleware are
using customerized metadata "web-listings: true" to enable listing objects
in static web page. But you can get listings in staticweb without setting
directive inside of the ACL. If you want to support API level of public
listing container, you should use .rlisting directive.

Best Regards,

 Edward Zhang(张华)

             Sujay M
             <sujay.m17 at gmail.
                                       Hua ZZ Zhang/China/IBM at IBMCN
                                       "openstack at lists.launchpad.net"
                                       <openstack at lists.launchpad.net>,
                                       openstack-bounces
                                       +zhuadl=cn.ibm.com at lists.launchpad.
                                       net,
                                       openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org,
                                       openstack-operators at lists.openstack
                                       .org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [Openstack] [Swift] Public
                                       Container's file listing

>>if you are using keystone as Swift authentication, you can create user in
an account(project) through horizion or using command
keystone user-create ...

I am using tempauth where i'm specifying all the account details as below

[filter:tempauth]
use = egg:swift#tempauth
user_admin_admin = admin .admin .reseller_admin
user_test_tester = testing .admin
user_test2_tester2 = testing2 .admin
user_test_tester3 = testing3

Is this the correct general format?
user_username_grpname = password

>>For object public write, it seems that the referer is not allowed in ACL:

swift post -w '.r:*' publicContainer
Don't forget to add directive .rlistings to allow listing the whole public
container:
swift post -r '.r:*,.rlistings' publicContainer

thanks. (Does .rlistings do the same job as staticweb?)