[Openstack] glance add : 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x94

Pádraig Brady P at draigBrady.com
Thu Nov 15 13:04:50 UTC 2012

On 11/15/2012 08:49 AM, G. Lekatsas wrote:
> hello,
>
> sorry for the delay but after a restart i have to deal with another problem and without being able to check the previous  "'utf8' codec" error.

>    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/keystone/catalog/backends/sql.py", line 169, in get_catalog
>      catalog[region][srv_type]['internalURL'] = internal_url % d
> TypeError: %d format: a number is required, not dict

You seem to have an invalid internalurl. I.E. one with %d... in it?
You can see what's configured by running the following as the admin user:

   keystone endpoint-list

Any % there should be just used to reference dict items, for example:

   %(tenant_id)s

thanks,
Pádraig.