[Openstack] Couldn't find stack-screenrc

Chmouel Boudjnah chmouel at chmouel.com
Thu Nov 15 07:42:36 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 4:09 AM, Everett Toews <everett.toews at rackspace.com>
wrote:

> From: Johannes Baltimore <johannes.btmr at gmail.com>
> Date: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:34 AM
> To: "openstack at lists.launchpad.net" <openstack at lists.launchpad.net>
> Subject: [Openstack] Couldn't find stack-screenrc
>
> Hi.
>
> I got devstack today, but I've been going through a problem. Whenever i
turn
> on the machine, I cannot run the rejoin-stack.sh script, even though I've
> ran stack.sh before. It says the stack-screenrc file couldn't be found,
and
> then asks me to run stack.sh again. Does anyone knows why does this
happen?

> Thanks in advance
>
> ---
>
> Did you run stack.sh as root?

Not sure why the screenrc was not created but how do you run stack.sh as
root? There is a mechanism in the script to avoid that :

if [[ $EUID -eq 0 ]]; then
    ROOTSLEEP=${ROOTSLEEP:-10}
    echo "You are running this script as root."
    echo "In $ROOTSLEEP seconds, we will create a user 'stack' and run as
that user"
    sleep $ROOTSLEEP

Chmouel.