[Openstack] [openstack-dev] Fwd: [keystone] Tokens representing authorization to projects/tenants in the Keystone V3 API

Jorge Williams jorge.williams at rackspace.com
Wed Nov 14 22:47:12 UTC 2012

>From an API perspective the changes required are the following:

	1.  The validate call returns a list of tenants instead of a single tenant.

If the tenant id is in the URI of the API, then the validation middleware can assert that the tenant id is in the list of IDs.

Not sure if there's any additional changes, but I don't think so.

An alternative approach is to use the belongsTo query parameter in the validate call.  So if you know the tenantId of the resource, you can issue a validate with ?belongsTo="tenatId"  and validation if the tenant is not in the list of tenatIds for the token.  The belongsTo query parameter is in the validate token call in the API today

http://docs.openstack.org/api/openstack-identity-service/2.0/content/GET_validateToken_v2.0_tokens__tokenId__Admin_API_Service_Developer_Operations-d1e1356.html

And we use it quite a bit in our implementation, when we validate tokens -- that is in the case where a token may have access to multiple tenants.

Thoughts?

-jOrGe W.