[Openstack] [nova-network] nova-network bridge question

Ahmed Al-Mehdi ahmed at coraid.com
Tue Nov 13 20:27:40 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am setting up OpenStack  on a two node setup, per the "OpenStack Install and Deploy Guide".  I am following the steps to setup nova-compute, nova-network ( http://docs.openstack.org/trunk/openstack-compute/install/apt/content/compute-configuring-guest-network.html ).  I have a few questions:

- when I issue the "nova-mange network create …" command, will the /etc/network/interfaces file be populate with the following info:

# Bridge network interface for VM networks
auto br100
iface br100 inet static
address 192.168.100.1

netmask 255.255.255.0
bridge_stp off
bridge_fd 0

- If there will be no VM instances created on the "controller node", do I need to install nova-compute, and livbirt-bin on this node?  However, I am assuming they have to be installed on the "compute node" (running Ubuntu 12.04 and KVM).

Than you,
Ahmed.