[Openstack] Essex

Joe Warren-Meeks joe.warren.meeks at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 17:14:20 UTC 2012

There was me thinking I'd cracked it. I think I'm really close though.

Right here's my setup. I have one node only with everything installed with
the following network config:

eth0 10.0.0.250 -- office lan has the default route

eth1 10.0.80.10 -- mgmt/iscsi interface

vlan40 10.0.40.250 (this uses eth0 with tagging)

vlan41 (auto-created by Nova, using eth2 with tags)

br41 (auto-created by Nova, see above)

The issue seems to be that when I'm not using floating IPs, it gets snatted
out the default route with the IP 10.0.0.250, which is fine, but I can't
connect to it from the outside.

When I use a floating IP in the 10.0.40.0/24 range, it is fine to speak to
that network and traffic goes out and back on the vlan40 interface, but for
all other networks it is routed out the 10.0.0.250 eth0 interface, rather
than vlan40. The replys are coming back on vlan40 to the correct address,
but nova seems to ignore them.

Any clues?

My plan is/was to have this one server host instances for multiple networks
using vlan interfaces, is that possible?

--dhcpbridge_flagfile=/etc/nova/nova.conf
--dhcpbridge=/usr/bin/nova-dhcpbridge
--logdir=/var/log/nova
--state_path=/var/lib/nova
--lock_path=/var/lock/nova
--force_dhcp_release
--iscsi_helper=tgtadm
--libvirt_use_virtio_for_bridges
--connection_type=libvirt
--root_helper=sudo nova-rootwrap
--verbose
--ec2_private_dns_show_ip
--allow_admin_api=true
--use_deprecated_auth=false
--auth_strategy=keystone
--scheduler_driver=nova.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler
--s3_host=10.0.0.250
--ec2_host=10.0.0.250
--rabbit_host=10.0.0.250
--cc_host=10.0.0.250
--nova_url=http://10.0.0.250:8774/v1.1/
--routing_source_ip=10.0.0.250
--glance_api_servers=10.0.0.250:9292
--image_service=nova.image.glance.GlanceImageService
--sql_connection=mysql://novadbadmin:xxxxxxx@10.0.0.250/nova
--ec2_url=http://10.0.0.250:8773/services/Cloud
--keystone_ec2_url=http://10.0.0.250:5000/v2.0/ec2tokens
--api_paste_config=/etc/nova/api-paste.ini
--libvirt_type=kvm
--libvirt_use_virtio_for_bridges=true
--start_guests_on_host_boot=true
--resume_guests_state_on_host_boot=true
# vnc specific configuration
--novnc_enabled=true
--novncproxy_base_url=http://10.0.0.250:6080/vnc_auto.html
--vncserver_proxyclient_address=10.0.0.250
--vncserver_listen=10.0.0.250
--fixed_range=10.0.41.0/24
--floating_range=10.0.40.128/27
# network specific settings
--network_manager=nova.network.manager.VlanManager
#--multi_host=true
--public_interface=vlan40
#--flat_interface=bond0
--flat_injected=False