[Openstack] Bridge mappings in folsom

Neelakantam Gaddam neelugaddam at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 11:09:45 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I have few questions regarding bridge mapping in folsom release.
In the quantum configuration file, there is a config param for bridge
mapping:

bridge_mappings=default:br-eth1 (ListOpt) Comma-separated list of
<physical_network>:<bridge> tuples mapping physical network names to
agent's node-specific OVS bridge names. Each bridge must exist, and should
have physical network # interface configured as a port.

Can anyone elaborate on this parameter?

What are these physical network names and why they mapped to ovs bridge
names ?

Please help me in understanding network setup using folsom.

Thanks in advance.

--
Thanks & Regards
Neelakantam Gaddam