[Openstack] [Openstack :: Folsom] Quantum Network Node setup

balaji patnala patnala003 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 14:06:19 UTC 2012

Hi Yong,

I downloaded the Quantum Architecture in Folsom Powerpoint prepared by you
and found that in slide-10:

lL3-agent
lTo implement floating Ips and other L3 features, such as NAT
*lOne per network*

Can you elaborate on the comment 'one per network' for L3-Agent.

As i understood that the L3-Agent will be only one for complete setup.
If we have more than one Network Node then we must install dhcp-agent and
L3-Agent in each of these Network Nodes.

So, the comment of 'one per network' is like we can have one router/gateway
per tenant network.

Can you give us your comments on this.

bye,
balaji