[Openstack] how to decide orders of multiple nic

Dan Wendlandt dan at nicira.com
Sat Nov 10 12:25:55 UTC 2012

Hi,

It would be important to understand if you are using Quantum or traditional
nova networking (e.g., Flat/Vlan Managers).

Vish's patch is targeted only for traditional nova-networking, but based on
this post by you (https://bugs.launchpad.net/quantum/+bug/1077304) it seems
like you may be using Quantum.

Nic ordering worked with Quantum in Essex, but a bug was introduced in
Folsom that broke it.  This bug was recently fixed and merged during early
grizzly (thanks to mark mcclain from dreamhost), see:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1064524 .

This bug is tagged with folsom-backport-potential, so the team in charge of
stable releases for nova should be pulling it into an upcoming folsom
release.

Dan

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 3:38 PM, Vishvananda Ishaya <vishvananda at gmail.com>wrote:

> Pardon me, the bottom line should have said, propose it into trunk and
> backport it (into folsom/stable). So the answer to your question is yes.
>
> Vish
>
> On Nov 9, 2012, at 3:22 PM, Yi Sun <beyounn at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks, will these changes ever be added back to the later releases?
> > Yi

Dan Wendlandt
Nicira, Inc: www.nicira.com
twitter: danwendlandt