[Openstack] Can't access Dashboard

Ronivon Costa ronivon.costa at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 12:53:29 UTC 2012

Hello,

After initial installs I had seen 404 several times, but most of the times
was not due dashboard itself.
The dashboard refuses to open when you have some critical errors such as
the nova-api not starting.
Also, when glance does not work, the Images panel on the dashboard will
throw an error. This information is here only to illustrate what might be
happening with your setup.
So, go to nova.conf and verify if everything is how it should be.

Try this also:

cd /etc/init.d;
for i in `ls openstack*`
do
  service $i restart
done

What is the output? If you did run the above commands a second time, can
you confirm that all services were still running do anyone of of them died?

Can you run "keystone user-list"  successfully?
Can you run "glance index" successfully"

Are you opening the dashboard using a browser in the same box you installed
Openstack or are you using a remote browser? If so, did you open port 80 in
the firewall ? (iptables)

Cheers.

On 9 November 2012 12:19, Daniel Oliveira <dvalbrand at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello. Anyone?
>

> 2012/11/7 Daniel Oliveira <dvalbrand at gmail.com>
>
>> My bad. This is the tutorial<http://www.hastexo.com/resources/docs/installing-openstack-essex-20121-ubuntu-1204-precise-pangolin>I talked about.
>>

>> 2012/11/7 Daniel Oliveira <dvalbrand at gmail.com>
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I've been following this tutorial to install openstack on a machine
>>> running Ubuntu Server 12.04, and on the step regarding installation of
>>> Horizon, well, there must be something wrong either with the tutorial or
>>> with the configuration files on my machine. The point is, whenever I try to
>>> access the GUI via browser, I get a 404, and I have no clue as to where to
>>> look for the error.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> P.S.: I would like to say a special thanks to everybody on this
>>> community. You have been helping me A LOT. I've learned much from you
>>> people.
>>>
>>> --
>>> My best regards,
>>>
>>> Daniel Oliveira.
>>>

>> --
>> My best regards,
>>
>> Daniel Oliveira.
>>

> --
> My best regards,
>
> Daniel Oliveira.

Ronivon C. Costa
IBM Certified for Tivoli Software
ITIL V3 Certified
Tlm: (+351) 96 676 4458
Skype: ronivon.costa
BLog ((hosted in my own personal cloud infrastructure):
http://cloud0.dyndns-web.com/blog/