[Openstack] Generating Linux pv images uploadables to glance and bootable from Xen Cloud Platform through Nova

John Garbutt John.Garbutt at citrix.com
Fri Nov 9 12:02:13 UTC 2012

Sorry for the late response.

What you really want to do is export the OVF through XenCenter, inside there you will find the VHD file, which is what you really want to be uploading to Glance (I think there are instructions there for VHD files).

Mate has a nice blog post on quicker ways to extract the VHD file, and some videos to help make it easier:
http://blogs.citrix.com/2012/09/06/vhd-to-openstack-using-a-xapi-host-plugin/

Thanks,
John