[Openstack] [Nova] use the wrong deleted flavor when boot an instance after creating flavor with same flavorid as the deleted one

Wangpan hzwangpan at corp.netease.com
Fri Nov 9 03:36:07 UTC 2012

Hi all,
I use the folsom openstack recently.
I found a problem that when I delete a flavor by using 'nova-manage flavor delete', and then I create a new one which use the same "flavorid" as the "DELETED" flavor a moment ago, then I check the instance_types table in nova DB, there have two records with the SAME "flavorid", and the "DELETED" one is marked as 'deleted=1'.

The issue is when I use nova boot --flavor "flavorid or name be created" to create an instance, it uses the "DELETED" one, not the one I create!
is this a bug or my misoperation?

Thanks in advance!
2012-11-09

Wangpan