[Openstack] [metering][ceilometer] Ceilometer and Keystone regions

Julien Danjou julien at danjou.info
Thu Nov 8 22:33:37 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 08 2012, Aguiar, Glaucimar (Brazil R&D-ECL) wrote:

> Can Ceilometer collect data about instances in different keystone
> regions? Is this a valid/possible configuration?

> Scenario 1: I have two regions defined in my keystone service, each one has
> a nova service in it. Can Ceilometer collect metering information from both
> regions? In a single database?

Yes, you'll just have to deploy at least one ceilometer-collector in
each region on Nova and connect them to the same database. Plus
ceilometer-agent-compute on each nova-compute.

> Scenario 2: I have two nova services in my keystone service region. Can Ceilometer support this configuration?

Yes, same answer as scenario 1, deploy at least a ceilometer-collector
for each Nova, plus ceilometer-agent-compute.

If you want to easily identify the region your meter stored in
Ceilometer come from, you can use the 'source' field of the meters to a
string that helps you recognize which region the meter come from (see
counter_source option in Ceilometer).

--
Julien Danjou
-- Free Software hacker & freelance