[Openstack] n-api installation problem with devstack (on centos)

Pádraig Brady P at draigBrady.com
Thu Nov 8 17:35:17 UTC 2012

On 11/08/2012 04:12 PM, Mauch, Viktor (SCC) wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Now I found the solution for my problem:
>
> n-api installation/start (via devstack) failed on centos 6.x with the error
> message below
>
> ================
>
> The problem is the old python-paste version of centos.
>
> So if you get this error, just remove python-paste with:
>
> yum remove python-paste python-paste-deploy python-paste-script
>
> and install the new one via pip:
>
> pip install --upgrade paste PasteDeploy PasteScript
>
> in the last step you have to remove the package names (paste, paste-deploy,
> paste-script) in devstack (./files/rpms/*) , because stack.sh will install
> this package with the next run.

I've not tried devstack on centos, but I do know of
specific updates to packages in EPEL to support OpenStack.

  python-paste-deploy1.5
  python-routes1.12
  python-sqlalchemy0.7
  python-webob1.0

Note the appended version number which differentiates
those parallel installable versions from the "official"
non backwards compatible version in Centos 6.
Anyway you may be able to install the above and
remove the "official" versions.

Or you can also proceed with your pip install method,
while also considering the other 3 packages I noted.

thanks,
Pádraig.