[Openstack] [ceilometer] Hbase storage backend for Ceilometer - blueprint?

Shengjie_Min at DELL.com Shengjie_Min at DELL.com
Thu Nov 8 14:33:09 UTC 2012

Hi Doug,

>+1
>It will be good to see if the storage API design works for other backends like HBase.

The first glance I had on ceilometer/storage/base.py, the design of basic storage class does look ok to work with.

The only challenge is that the Hbase schema is not as flexible as traditional RDBMS or MongoDB, so the efforts would be more on the Hbase implementation side. Eg. the design of row key, column family etc.

We can discuss more once I had a blueprint draft registered :)

Shengjie