[Openstack] nova/quantum/ovs configuration conundrum

Kevin Jackson kevin at linuxservices.co.uk
Thu Nov 8 10:02:45 UTC 2012

Thanks for that - the namspace thing is starting to make sense.
So I see this rule in there now:

Chain quantum-l3-agent-PREROUTING (1 references)
 pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source
destination
   62  3720 DNAT       tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0
169.254.169.254      tcp dpt:80 to:172.16.0.201:8775

But I never see a connection being made when I spin up an instance.  The
instance reports no route to host.

My environment is a single server (its a VM under VirtualBox) - am I
complicating things by having this as an all in one box - is the
use_namespace option adding to my woes and is this just a scenario that
doesn't make sense (although for someone investigating/learning OpenStack
these single instance environments have been valuable).

Cheers,
Kev

Kevin Jackson
@itarchitectkev