[Openstack] How do I use the "private" network for glance image transfers?

Erik Lindblad erik.lindblad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 15:14:46 UTC 2012

Hello!

I have a pretty basic setup (following the installation guide) of essex on
ubuntu 12.04.

One controller that runs all services and two compute nodes.

The machines are all connected to our office network on eth0, and to a
private (physically separate) network on eth1.

The setup works fine, but I would like to utilize the private network for
image transfers.

I'm using the flat_dhcp network manager. Private network is
192.168.96.0/21(fixed range 192.168.100.1-255)

So basically, I would like to assign an ip, say 192.168.99.1,2,3... on eth1
for my nodes and be able to use glance_api_servers=192.168.99.1:9292 in
nova.conf.

The problem is that nova-network seems to overwrite any configuration i set
in /etc/network/interfaces when setting up networking for nova-compute.

Has anyone tried a similar setup? Any idea where to start looking or if
this is even possible?