[Openstack] vm is disconnected when I use VirtIO network driver

한승진 yongiman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 01:20:20 UTC 2012

Hi.

We use VirtIO as a network driver and use KVM as a hypervisor.

Now, we have been having a instance stress test. (disk,cpu,network else..)

When we had a stress test, several instances are disconnected and down.

After rebooting the instance, we can access the instance again.

We doubted the network driver.

We change network driver from virtio to e1000.

There were no instances that were down or disconnected.

However, performance of e1000 is terrible..

Who have experienced like this situation?

VirtIO is still unstable?

Please tell us the reason and how to resolve this problem.