[Openstack] how to use extra_specs??

Dugger, Donald D donald.d.dugger at intel.com
Tue Nov 6 18:03:14 UTC 2012

The compute code currently defines a set of capabilities (info about disk & memory consumption, cpuinfo and a few other things) that are periodically reported up to the scheduler.  You can then use the extra_specs to specify key/value pairs for a flavor that will be used by the scheduler's compute_capabilities' filter to make decisions based upon these capabilities.  Note you can do relational comparisons on these capabilities, look at:

                http://docs.openstack.org/developer/nova/devref/filter_scheduler.html

for details.

Currently, you are limited to the capabilities that are hard coded into the compute node code.  I'm thinking about, and intend to create a blueprint in the not too distant future, adding a plugin into the compute code so that you can add support for new capabilities.

--
Don Dugger