[Openstack] [ceilometer] Monitoring physical devices

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Tue Nov 6 11:45:55 UTC 2012

There is a use case for base metal hardware metering in the private cloud
where the user allocated the machine does not have root access to kill the
metering.

Being able to create a single metering infrastructure for the entire private
cloud, virtual or bare-metal allocation, is a need.... technically, it is
not clear how to guarantee it but it is worth exploring.

Tim