[Openstack] [quantum] Relationship between br-int and physical bridge mapping in OVS plugin

Qin, Xiaohong Xiaohong.Qin at emc.com
Mon Nov 5 18:37:24 UTC 2012

Hi Vinay,

I have sent the following email out a while ago,

-------
In the following quantum command,

quantum net-create --tenant-id $TENANT_ID net1 --provider:network_type vlan --provider:physical_network physnet1 --provider:segmentation_id 1024

provider:segmentation_id is actually a VLAN id which is used in the network for controller and compute nodes. This same VLAN id is also passed to the physical switch that interconnects controller and compute nodes. Try to avoid use VLAN id 1 since some physical switches do not forward VLAN 1 frames by default.
------

This is the problem we were running into when setting up multi node deployment. Not sure if it helps or not.

Dennis Qin