[Openstack] Announcing Moniker - DNS Services for OpenStack

Kiall Mac Innes kiall at managedit.ie
Mon Nov 5 00:15:50 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Moniker has recently found a new home on StackForge, and has started
generating some interest from the community - so - time for an official
announcement!

Moniker provides DNSaaS services for OpenStack:

   - REST API for domain/record management
   - Multi-tenant
   - Integrated with Keystone for authentication
   - Framework in place to integrate with Nova and Quantum notifications
   (for auto-generated records)
   - Support for Bind9 out of the box (Refactoring this to be
   more pluggable will be complete in the next few days)
   - .. I've probably missed lot's more off this list!

The code is available via the StackForge GitHub organization[1], bugs are
at launchpad[2] and (currently incomplete) docs are on pypi[3].
Contributions are welcome via the usual OpenStack methods i.e. Gerrit[4].

Finally - We have our second weekly meeting scheduled for this Wednesday at
18:00 UTC in #openstack-meeting, anyone with an interest in DNSaaS is
welcome to attend.

Thanks,
Kiall

[1]: https://github.com/stackforge/moniker