[Openstack] How to know capability of cloud resource pool?

Aniruddha Khadkikar askhadkikar at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 18:35:01 UTC 2012

On Sun, Nov 4, 2012 at 5:45 AM, Ray Sun <qsun01185 at cienet.com.cn> wrote:
> Is there any method to get the resource pool capability(CPU/Memory/Storage)
> in the cloud? Can OpenStack auto detect the resource when a new node join
> in?
> If not, is there a roadmap to implement it?

My thoughts exactly. Last week we began working with quotas for each
tenant and it struck me too that there does not seem a way through
Openstack to understand what's the total resource capacity of the
cloud. This would help in benchmarking how efficiently currently
provisioned resources are being utilized and if there is a need of
adding/removing nodes from the cloud.

Cheers
Aniruddha