[Openstack] VLANManager

Joe Warren-Meeks joe.warren.meeks at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 16:37:56 UTC 2012

Hi guys

I'm struggling with VLAN Manager in Nova.

I want to have 3 VLANs, one for each project. These ranges have been
created in my network and the tagged ports are connected to my server.

I want to create VMs that just take an IP from these networks and get
bridged on to the network.

The problem I keep finding is that using nova-manage to create the network
ends up with the compute node using the .1 address, which is actually
configured on the router.

I don't want nova to do anything clever, just create the instance, inject
the IP and bridge the instance on to the VLAN.

Any pointers on how I can do that?

Kind regards

 -- joe.