[Openstack] Handling of adminPass is arguably broken (essex)

Lars Kellogg-Stedman lars at seas.harvard.edu
Thu Nov 1 14:27:45 UTC 2012

On Thu, Nov 01, 2012 at 02:07:08PM +0000, Gabe Westmaas wrote:
> (a) sounds like a bug in Horizon if that's not viewable immediately after
> creating the instance.

Horizon doesn't display any information after booting an instance...it
takes you directly to the "Instances" screen.  So not so much a bug
but a design decision, I think.

> (b) is definitely not going to work - we don't store the password at all,
> an intentional decision.

I figured that, although it appears that Amazon has made a different
decision.

I'm just looking for a way to make this work :).

--
Lars Kellogg-Stedman <lars at seas.harvard.edu>  |
Senior Technologist                           | http://ac.seas.harvard.edu/