[Openstack] [ceilometer] meter data volume

吴亚伟 wuyawei.mail at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 09:49:39 UTC 2012

Hi Eoghan,

Thanks for your reply. As we can see from the document:

Three type of meters are defined in ceilometer:

Type 	Definition
Cumulative 	Increasing over time (instance hours)
Gauge 	Discrete items (floating IPs, image uploads) and fluctuating
values (disk I/O)
Delta 	Changing over time (bandwidth)

Cumulative type is apparent, while even with descriptions gauge and
delta type confuse me.
Could you explain them through examples or by sharing an use case?

Thanks

Yawei Wu
Dalian Hi-Think Computer Technology,Corp.