[Openstack] openstack.common inside swiftclient and RPM

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Thu May 31 23:48:47 UTC 2012

Hi, Monty:

The python-swiftclient has something that I believe you added:

[zaitcev at lembas python-swiftclient-tip]$ git log swiftclient/openstack/__init__.py
commit 7df012329f0b22e19f878cee2602407cb23042ef
Author: Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com>
Date:   Wed May 16 17:30:46 2012 -0400

    Add openstack project infrastructure.

Now, I am wondering, why is it necessary to keep this inside the
swiftclient/ directory?

My problem is that if I do nothing too crazy, the following RPM
.spec packages the aforementioned directory, too:

%{python_sitelib}/swiftclient

For now I resorted to running this after python setup.py install:

rm -r %{buildroot}%{python_sitelib}/swiftclient/openstack

Still... As an experiement, I moved the openstack/ one level up,
changed swiftclient.openstack.common to openstack.common in setup.py,
and everything seems to be working.

-- Pete