[Openstack] cfg usage - option registration, global objects

Russell Bryant rbryant at redhat.com
Thu May 31 21:47:28 UTC 2012

On 05/31/2012 04:21 PM, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> I expect to do a pretty detailed review of the patch to add rpc to
> openstack-common and make some API design recommendations. But I think
> we'll have to balance some of those design ideas between "stuff we
> really should fix before it goes into openstack-common" vs "stuff that
> would need to be fixed before the API comes out of incubation".

 I've been pushing the code with a goal that the submission to
openstack-common is *only* a matter of changing the imports.  Up to this
point, it has mostly been a matter of removing dependencies on other
parts of nova.  We are actually at that point now ... unless there are
other changes that are going to block it.

I'd rather just work on improvements people would like to see while the
code is in incubation in openstack-common.  People are already copying
it (in a feature branch for Quantum, Cinder, the Heat project, at
least), so moving it as is will leave us in a better spot than we are now.

--
Russell Bryant