[Openstack] [OpenStack][Nova] deference between live-migration and migrate

Tim Bell Tim.Bell at cern.ch
Thu May 31 19:03:19 UTC 2012

I would favour a field for the type of migration which allows future
expansion. we've already got migrate, live migrate and block migrate but
hypervisors may have further different flavours too in the future and the
API should support the full set of options while encouraging convergence
when there are common functionalities.

How about we move the API flag to a text field for the migration type ?

For private clouds without billing concerns, a snapshot/restart option may
be more attractive.

Tim